Bipolar Electrotherapy (Diathermy, BICAP and coagulation) for Hemorrhoid
With half of the Us citizens age 60 and above experiencing hemorrhoid, there's no wonder why lots of companies invest for the research and development of various treatments. Some old tricks to get rid of the piles are still used today but there are lots of new techniques. One does not necessarily need undergo a surgery for severe hemorrhoids, too. As a matter of fact, many physicians would recommend as many non-surgical procedures as you possibly can first. One of the most common options is bipolar electrotherapy for hemorrhoid.
Piles - Those Bleeding Painful Veins
Hemorrhoids can occur in the lower rectum or anus. That occurs when the veins and blood vessels cause the tissues to clump and become abnormal. They are painful. They lose blood most of the time but even if they don't the situation can really become unpleasant.
Many Patients Do Not Ask for Treatment
It is not because they do not have the money. Another point is that the treatments are not that expensive. It is mainly because they are shy to be able to admit and also to have people (even doctors) knowing what they have in those areas.
Treatments Options that Need in Order to be Considered Before Going for Surgery
There are many less painful treatments that you could consider before deciding to undertake a surgery. Some of them are bipolar coagulation, hemorrhoidolysis, rubber banding and super freezing. In fact, these types of treatments are virtually painless.
There are two types of coagulation. The first one is monopolar coagulation. The second reason is bipolar. The latter is great for mild cases. Most physicians take into account giving it a try before promoting surgeries.
Bipolar electrotherapy for hemorrhoid is also known as bipolar diathermy, bipolar coagulation and BICAP coagulation (BICAP stands for bipolar circumactive probe). It is a process that involves coagulation result directly to the mucous membrane, that are near the affected tissue. It is practically a surgical approach but it does not inflict so much pain unlike hemorrhoidectomy and other surgical procedures.
- With bipolar electrotherapy, the cosmetic surgeons use electric currents that are concentrated on the mucous membrane.
- The electric current must be applied in a very short period.
- One to two seconds are ideal.
- The electric current initiates the heat up of the affected tissues.
- The proteins in the mucous membrane will also help eliminating the abnormal tissue.
- The procedure will be much like photocoagulation except that there is no change to the depth that can be treated even in the subsequent sessions.
- This is why this treatment is recommended when the hemorrhoid is not at its worst stage.
- It is best suitable for grade I and II internal hemorrhoids.
- It can be applied to grade II piles but prolapsing tissues are usually less likely to react.
- The process is not as effective as other options.
- First, it does not control bleeding.
- Rubberized banding or ligation even appears to be better in some cases.
- Second, the rate in order to which the situation will be recurrent is at 25 to 30 percent.
- Addition, studies show that bipolar electrotherapy for hemorrhoid does not come with a lot of complications.
- Only ten percent of the patients who go through the process develop complications like rectal fissure.
To understand other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
For French go to http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com For Italian visit http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
How To Stop Bleeding Hemorrhoids? How To Stop Bleeding Internal Hemorrhoids Home Remedy?
How To Stop Bleeding Hemorrhoids? How To Stop Bleeding Internal Hemorrhoids Home Remedy? Click the link below to read more about this fantastic book ...
For German Visit Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.
Crystal is a writer at utibloodinurine.info, a site about alternative natural health. Last year, Crystal worked as a advertising guru at a news web site. When she's not sourcing new content, Crystal loves painting and rafting.